The SCRC would like to congratulate the following on receiving the 2012 MSCIRC award.
- Dr. Eftekhar Eftekharpour. Project title: “Application of Protein Transduction Technology in treatment of spinal cord injury.”
- Dr. Karen Ethans, Dr. Alan Casey & Dr. H. Chaudhary. Project title: “The Use of the Peristeen Bowel Irrigation System for People with Cauda Equina Syndrome.”
- Dr. Brent Fedirchuk. Project title: “The regulation of spinal motor excitability during motor output.”
- Dr. Sari Hannila. Project title: “Reducing astroglial scarring after spinal cord injury through SLPI-mediated downregulation of Smad2.”
- Dr. Soheila Karimi. Project title: “Enhancing axonal protection and remyelination after spinal cord injury by neuregulin-1 therapy through a bioengineered drug delivery approach.”
The Manitoba Spinal Cord Injury Research Committee is a Committee of The Canadian Paraplegic Association (Manitoba) Inc. Funding is provided by the Government of Manitoba.